Gas leaks may be the most devastating plumbing emergency you can face. Natural gas leaks can cause health complications like headaches, vomiting, and prolonged inhalation of natural gas can even cause death.
If you suspect a gas leak in your home, don’t wait to call a gas line contractor, like the ones at Flow Pro Plumbing! Our contractors are ready to help you locate and identify where the gas leak is coming from to help you better understand how to proceed.
Visit our coupons page to find exceptional savings on all gas leak detection services.
What Are the Signs of a Gas Leak in Your Home?
Knowing the signs that you may have a gas leak can save you from a potentially catastrophic situation. If you fear a natural gas leak in your home, be on the lookout for the following signs:
- Damaged Connections to gas-powered appliances like stove or furnace
- Gas-powered appliances not running as efficiently as usual
- Water or dirt entering the air near the gas source
- Excess condensation on windows
- Vegetation that is dying or already dead in your yard
- Unpleasant odor resembling that of sulfur or rotten eggs
- Hissing or roaring sound near gas pipes
- Unexplained health symptoms such as dizziness, headaches, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, fainting, etc.
If you experience any of the above in your home, give Flow Pro Plumbing a call and ask about gas leak detection.
What Should You Do in the Event of a Gas Leak?
In the event that you have a gas leak in your home, what should you do? The priority is making sure that you and your loved ones all get out of the house safely, without triggering an explosion, so that you can call for help. If you have a gas leak, follow these steps:
- Open doors and windows to allow some of the gas to escape and air out the house.
- Do not flip any switches on or off.
- Do not operate any electronics- including cell phones- while in the house.
- Do not ignite any flames. Due to the gas in the air, any sort of combustion could cause a major explosion
- Evacuate the property.
- Do not start your car.
- Once you are safely away from your property, call your gas company and have the gas shut off.
- Call Flow Pro Plumbing for gas leak detection service.
Head to our reviews to hear from real customers about their experience with our gas leak detection service!