Sometimes pipes clog and traditional methods of unclogging fail to fix the problem. When you have a clogged line that proves difficult to clear with other methods, our experts at Flow Pro Plumbing will suggest using a more powerful drain cleaning method, such as hydro jetting. Due to its effective results, hydro jetting is gaining popularity among plumbing professionals.
Visit our coupons page to save big on your next hydro jetting service.
What Is Hydro Jetting?
Hydro jetting is a method of cleaning blocked drains and sewer lines using highly pressurized water. A hydro jet system comprises a large water tank, usually mounted at the back of a truck, a special hose, a nozzle and a vacuum pump that’s responsible for pressurizing the water.
The contractor typically uses video technology to locate and identify the clog, and assess the health of your pipes and plumbing. They then select an appropriate hydro jetting nozzle and pressure to clear the blockage. An experienced hydro jetting contractor will know the right amount of pressure required to break up and dislodge obstructions without damaging the pipe.
The blast of water at high pressure frees up the water line by quickly breaking apart any buildup or blockages. Hydro jetting typically uses high pressures of up to 4000 psi, making it one of the most powerful unclogging techniques.
When Is Hydro Jetting Necessary?
There are several instances that may call for hydro jetting. For common clogs, a drain cleaning solution, cable or plumbing snake might provide a temporary solution, but hydro jetting clears the entire system. It can help to clear even the most difficult items to remove from your plumbing, such as tree roots. Hydro jetting is often used to clear out pipes before they are relined or replaced and can also help to prevent recurring clogs.
Find out what our customers have to say about our services on our reviews page.
What Are Some Key Benefits of Hydro Jetting?
- Preventive maintenance: It’s a great way to avoid future problems with your plumbing.
- Versatility: Hydro jetting is a versatile system that can be used for large as well as small jobs.
- Environmentally friendly: Hydro jetting is far more environmentally friendly compared to the chemicals and procedures used in traditional methods.
- Health: The process usually means less contact and less time with contaminants.
- Saves money: Upfront costs may be high but hydro jetting is cost-effective in the long run.
- Effective: Hydro Jetting is extremely powerful and effective.