Brentwood Water Softener Service
Water Conditioning Services for Effective Appliances
The term “hard water” is used to describe water with a high concentration of minerals like calcium and magnesium. Often, hard water occurs when the water passing through your pipes is in contact with limescale and chalk. Hard water can affect the way you shower, wash your hair, and even do laundry, as it doesn’t mix with soaps and detergents as soft water does.
Call Flow Pro Plumbing today to ask about a whole house water softener and get rid of hard water in your home! Dial (925) 436-1717 today!
How Can You Tell You Have Hard Water?
One easy way to check for hard water in your home is to perform what is known as “the bottle test”. Fill a plastic water bottle halfway with water from your tap. Cap the bottle and shake it, then dump the water out. Now fill the bottle again, this time adding about five drops of soap. Again, close and shake the bottle. If the bottle fills with suds that spill from the top when you open it, you do not have hard water. You can tell how hard your water is by how long you have to shake the bottle for suds to form.
Some other ways you can tell if you have hard water include:
- Looking for spots on glassware and silverware after washing.
- Notice if your water pressure lessens. This may be caused by a buildup of minerals in your faucet.
- Look for faded colors on clothing after washing them.
- Notice if you develop dry or irritated skin or dry and brittle hair.
If any of the above signs are present in your house, call Flow Pro Plumbing to ask about water softener installation! We take pride in our work and you can check out our reviews page to see how our customers feel about their new water softeners!
What Are Some of the Benefits of Water Softeners?
If you are unsure about the benefits a water softener could offer your home, you might be surprised to learn that these systems can:
- Keep silverware and glassware cleaner and shinier.
- Help your skin and hair feel cleaner, softer, and smoother.
- Reduce housework by eliminating the formation of soap scum.
- Can reduce the usage and costs of soaps and detergents by up to 75%.
- Extend the life of water using appliances like coffee and ice makers, dishwashers, and clothing washers.
- Can reduce the yearly energy costs of the above appliances by up to 22%.
- Keep your clothes softer, and their colors brighter, for longer.
Call Flow Pro Plumbing today at (925) 436-1717 and ask about whole house water softener services in Brentwood!
Customer Satisfaction is Guaranteed
Tailored & Personalized Long-Term Solutions
Professional & Honest Recommendations
Accurate Inspection & Diagnosis