The term “hard water” is used to describe water with a high content of minerals like calcium and magnesium. Often, hard water occurs when the water passing through your pipes is in contact with limescale and chalk. Hard water can affect the way you shower, wash your hair, and even do laundry, as it doesn’t mix with soaps and detergents as soft water does.
Call Flow Pro Plumbing today to ask about a whole house water softener and get rid of hard water in your home!
Visit our coupons today to download great savings on your next service!
How Can You Tell You Have Hard Water?
One easy way to check for hard water in your home is to perform what is known as “the bottle test”. Fill a plastic water bottle halfway with water from your tap. Cap the bottle and shake it, then dump the water out. Now fill the bottle again, this time adding about five drops of soap. Again, close and shake the bottle. If the bottle fills with suds that spill from the top when you open it, you do not have hard water. You can tell how hard your water is by how long you have to shake the bottle for suds to form.
Some other ways you can tell if you have hard water include:
- Looking for spots on glassware and silverware after washing.
- Notice if your water pressure lessens. This may be caused by a buildup of minerals in your faucet.
- Look for faded colors on clothing after washing them.
- Notice if you develop dry or irritated skin or dry and brittle hair.
If any of the above signs are present in your house, call Flow Pro Plumbing to ask about water softener installation!
Visit our reviews page to see how our customers feel about their new water softeners!
What Are Some of the Benefits of Water Softeners?
Why should you install a whole home water softener? Well, to begin with, water softeners
- Keep silverware and glassware cleaner and shinier.
- Help your skin and hair feel cleaner, softer, and smoother.
- Reduce housework by eliminating the formation of soap scum.
- Can reduce the usage and costs of soaps and detergents by up to 75%.
- Extend the life of water using appliances like coffee and ice makers, dishwashers, and clothing washers.
- Can reduce the yearly energy costs of the above appliances by up to 22%.
- Keep your clothes softer, and their colors brighter, for longer.
Is there really any reason not to install a house water softener? Call Flow Pro Plumbing today for installation and water softener repair.